Admissions > Top 10 Reasons to Come to
Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- A diverse student body, faculty, and staff which is the largest producer of African American and Hispanic lawyers to the Texas bar.
- We have nearly 5000 alumni across the country located in all but 3 states, and international alumni located in places such as Africa, The Caribbean, and Europe.
- Location: Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States and has the second lowest cost of living among major American cities. It is also one of the few States with no State income tax.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law was ranked by U.S News and World Report as the Number One diverse law school in the nation for the past 4 years in a row.
- One of the few law school’s with a specialization in Immigration Law.
- Only school in Houston with a Criminal Defense clinic, which represents indigent clients charged with misdemeanors offenses. In addition, our Immigration, Wills & Probate, and Civil law clinics are unparallel.
- Our dual degree programs allows you to finish both degrees in 4 years with a Master of Business Administration (J.D. /M.B.A), and a Masters in Public Administration (J.D./M.P.A.).
- Our faculty is committed to teaching and writing and has a 12:1 student teacher ratio.
- For the Graduating class of 2010, 83% of our students were employed and are currently working after graduating from Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
- The Earl Carl Institute For Legal And Social Justice complement our other centers of excellence by helping students establish their research and writing skill by publishing various articles that focus on its urban mission: to help solve legal and social problems facing the urban community through scholarship and advocacy.