Top 10 Reasons to Come to TMSL
- A diverse student body, faculty, and staff which is
the largest producer of African American and Hispanic
lawyers to the Texas bar.
- We have nearly 5000 alumni across the country
located in all but 3 states, and international alumni
located in places such as Africa, The Caribbean, and
- Location: Houston is the fourth largest city in the
United States and has the second lowest cost of living
among major American cities. It is also one of the few
States with no State income tax.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law was ranked
by U.S News and World Report as the Number One diverse
law school in the nation for the past 4 years in a row.
- One of the few law school’s with a specialization in
- Only school in Houston with a Criminal Defense
clinic, which represents indigent clients charged with
misdemeanors offenses. In addition, our Immigration,
Wills & Probate, and Civil law clinics are unparallel.
- Our dual degree programs allows you to finish both
degrees in 4 years with a Master of Business
Administration (J.D. /M.B.A), and a Masters in Public
- Our faculty is committed to teaching and writing and
has a 12:1 student teacher ratio.
- For the Graduating class of 2010, 83% of our
students were employed and are currently working after
graduating from Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
- The Earl Carl Institute For Legal And Social Justice complement our other centers of excellence by helping students establish their research and writing skill by publishing various articles that focus on its urban mission: to help solve legal and social problems facing the urban community through scholarship and advocacy.