Each clinic provides training, individual supervision and feedback from clinical instructors or supervising attorneys. In addition to the externship or live-client clinic course, each student is required to enroll in a practice skills course which serves as the classroom component.
The Clinical Legal Studies Program offers three externships and three live-client clinics:
• Civil Law Externship
• Criminal Law Externship
• Judicial Law Externship
• Administrative Law Clinic*
• Civil Law Clinic
• Criminal Law Clinic
*Administrative law clinic includes environmental law and immigration law.
• Learn the law in a real-life context
• Serve traditionally underrepresented clients
• Develop professional and problem-solving skills
• Become aware of public interest, public policy and government concerns
• Engage in critical reflection on the lawyer’s role in relation to clients and society