Michael C. James
Associate Professor of Law
Phone: (713) 313-1145
Joined the faculty in 2010.
LL.M., University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, VA (2009)
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA (2001)
B.S., Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX (1996)
- Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (present)
- Assistant Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX(2010)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of Houston-Downtown, Houston, TX (2003-2008)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Damon J. Keith, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Detroit, MI (2002-2003)
- A Comparative Analysis of the Right to Privacy in the United States, Canada and Europe, 29 Conn. J. Int’l L. 257 (2014).
- Achieving Sustainable Democracy and the Rule of Law in Afghanistan (work in progress).
- Effective Integration and Utilization of CIA Paramilitary Personnel and Military Special Operations Forces in Counter-Terrorism Operations (work in progress).
- Faculty Participant, The Council on Legal Education Opportunity's "Road to Law School" Seminar, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, (February 2011).
- Moderator, Criminal Law (CLE), Thurgood Marshall School of Law, (April 2011).
- Moderator, Religion and the Law (CLE), Thurgood Marshall School of Law (October 2010).
State Bar of Connecticut
Research & Teaching Interests
- Comparative Constitutionalism
- National Security Law and Policy
- Consumer Protection Law
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff