> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- Chair, Texas Southern University Faculty Senate/Assembly
- Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Texas Southern
University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX
- Associate Dean of Administration, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1987-1992)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center,
Houston, TX (1988, 1991)
- Director, Intercollegiate Athletics, Texas Southern
University, Houston, TX (1993-1994)
- Director, Campus Safety and Security, Texas Southern
University, Houston, TX (1986-1987)
Professor McKen V. Carrington’s professional career
consists of academic, corporate and government service. His academic
service includes law teaching, academic administration, overseas
academic service, membership of accreditation teams, as well as
service to national legal education organizations. Professor
Carrington’s academic career also includes service as a member of
accreditation teams to the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools (SACS) as well as the American Bar Association. He has other
national service as the head of an LSAC task force, member of an
LSAC task force as well as a Committee member. Professor
Carrington’s work includes service as the lead liaison for the
American Bar Association's African Law Initiative Sister Law School
Project in Malawi, Africa. The project resulted in several faculty
exchanges, a Fulbright Scholarship and library development at both
the High Court of Malawi and the University of Malawi. Professor
Carrington’s academic career includes service as Dean
and Professor of Law at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Chair of the Texas Southern University Faculty
Senate/Assembly, the University Rank Tenure and Promotion Committee,
as well as the Advisory Committee on the Faculty Manual.
- Book Review: In Struggle Against Jim Crow,
Lulu White and the NAACP by Merline Pitre, Texas A&M
Press, 26 T. MARSHALL L. REV.
- Book Review: Thurgood Marshall, American
Revolutionary by Juan Williams, Times Books 1998 PP 459
$27.50, S. U. L. J. 81 (1999).
- Commentary: Bush Threatens Separation of Church
and State, Texas Lawyer (September 20, 1999).
- The Demise of Race Based Scholarship: National
Association of African-American Studies Conference
- Legal Education in Malawi 23 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 56 (1997).
- TSU and the Bar Examination, A Question of
Institutional Credibility 16 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 499 (1991).
- The Texas Inheritance Lottery 17 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 32 (1991) (with I.B.
- Estate Planning for the Non-Taxable Estate 21 ST.
MARY'S L. J. 367 (1989).
- Texas Probate Court Legislative Update, The Houston
Lawyer (March 1988).
- Retirement Issues for Lawyers, Texas Bar Journal (May
- Renting Real Estate to Family Members, The Houston
Lawyer (January 1986).
- Accommodation of Family Status in the Tax Treatment
of Retirement Plans 12 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 47 (1986) (with Carl