> Faculty Profile
- Associate (Tax/ERISA), Baker Botts LLP, Houston TX
- Federal Law Clerk, Honorable Vanessa D. Gilmore, United
States District Court for the Southern District of Texas,
Houston, TX (1997-1999)
- Keynote Speech: "Assessment-Driven Collaboration Inside and
Outside the Classroom," 2011 North Carolina and South Carolina
Legal Writing Colloquium, North Carolina Central University
School of Law (May 2011).
- "LRW Staffing Models and Status Issues," Junior Faculty
Development Workshop, Sixteenth Annual LatCrit Conference
- "The Bottom Drawer: Exploring Scholarship Topics,"
Association of Legal Writing Directors Biennial Conference,
Pacific McGeorge School of Law (co-presenter) (June 2011).
- "Collaboration: Getting Going as Scholarly Writers"
presented at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law Research Week
Program (April 2010).
- "Using Outcomes Assessment to Develop and Measure Students'
Acquisition of Fundamental Lawyering Skills," Institute for Law
Teaching and Learning, New York Law School (co-presenter) (June
- "Legal Writing Seminar," Houston Bar Association, Minority
Opportunities in the Legal Profession (April 2010).
- "Making It All Work - A Three-Pronged Approach to Law School
Assessment,' Thurgood Marshall School of Law's Research Week
Faculty Presentations (co-presenter) (April 2011).
- "Peer Editing: A Comprehensive Approach to Maximize
Assessment Opportunities, Integrate Collaborative Learning, and
Achieve Desired Outcomes," American University Washington
College of Law's How Legal Rhetoric Shapes the Law: Pedagogy,
Theory, Practice Colloquium (October 2010).
- "Critical Approaches to Law School Teaching: A
Methodology to Reach All Students (and Maintain Our Sanity) in
an Outcomes and Assessment Based Era," Third National People of
Color Legal Scholarship Conference, Seton Hall University School
of Law (presenter and panel moderator) (September 2010).
- "Sharing What Works: Enhancing Our Teaching Through
Technology," Legal writing Institute Biennial Conference
(co-presenter) (June 2010).
- "Now I See: Redefining the Post-Grade Conference as Process
and Substance Assessment," Texas Southern University's Research
Week Faculty Presentations (co-presenter) (April 2010).
- "How to Write for Your Audience," Thurgood Marshall School
of Law (Consumer Rights Course) (Fall 2009).
- "Nuts and Bolts of 401(k) Plans," Southwest Benefits
association, Annual Plan Administrators Skills Workshop
- "FASB Interpretation No. 44, A Lawyer's Summary of the New
Accounting Interpretation on Stock Plans," (August 2000).
- "The Role of a Federal Law Clerk," Seminar for Admission to
the Southern District of Texas (Spring 1998).
- State Bar of Texas
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Lawyers Association
- Legal Writing Institute
- Association of Legal Writing Directors
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Managing Editor and Editorial Board Member, LWI Monograph
series Publication (2011-Present)
- Howard Law Journal (1995-1997)
- Howard National Moot Court Team (1995-1996)
- Merit Scholarship Recipient (1994-1997)
- American Jurisprudence Awards for Academic Achievement
(Legal Writing, Torts, Securities Regulations, Federal Taxation,
Evidence and Family Law)
- Phi Beta Kappa