> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- Interim Dean, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall
School of Law, Houston, TX (1999)
- Interim Associate Dean, Texas Southern University, Thurgood
Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1998)
- Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston,TX
- Addressing Housing Needs in the Post Katrina Gulf Coast,
31 T. MARSHALL L. REV., 327 (Spring 2006).
- Lead Appellate Counsel in the Amicus Curaie Brief, Shirley
Neeley, In Her Official Capacity As The Commissioner Of
Education, Et Al., V. West Orange-Cove Consolidated I.S.D., Et
Al., June 2005.
- Abstinence Plus Health Science Textbooks and Curricula
Best Serve Texas Students,
(2004) (A position paper) (on file with the Earl Carl
- Marcia Johnson & JaPaula Kemp, The Effect of Educating Prisoners, 7 J.L. & SOC.
CHANGE 1 (2003).
- Texas Urban Academic Initiative, An Action Plan, supervising
and lead author (2009).
- The History of the NAACP in Texas, supervising and lead
- The Color of Justice in America, supervisor (2008).
- Alternative Education Programs, Are They a Direct Route to
Prison?, supervisor (2008).
- The Need for a Public Defender's Office in Harris County,
- Texas Southern University, Where to From Here?, lead author
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit Federal Court
for the Southern District of Texas
- National Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Board Member, Harris County Public Defender Board
- Committee Member, Texas Bar Ethics Grievance Committee
- Director, Earl Carl Institute for Legal and Social Policy
- Board Member, Affordable Communities Development Program
- Board Member, METRO Transit Authority of Harris County,
- Board Member, Texas High Speed Rail Authority
- Board Member, The Women's Center
- Board Member, Texas Freedom Network
- Board Member, Neighborhood Recovery Community Development
- Board Member, MacGregor Park Community Development
- Board Member, Acres Homes Citizen's Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Acres Homes Center for Education and Economic
- Counsel to Faculty Senate and Faculty Assembly, Texas
- Vice Chair, Houston Forensic Science, LGC, Inc.
- Executive Committee, Harris County Coalition for Juvenile
and Criminal Justice Reform
- Member, Board of Advisors, Annam Community Development