> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- University of San Diego (1978-1979)
- University of Southern California (1972-1974)
- Boston Model Cities Program (1969-1972)
- Associate, Goulston & Storrs, Boston, MA
- Is Capital Punishment Immoral Even If It Deters Murder?,
46 SANTA CLARA
L. REV. 599 (2006). Reprinted in Death Penalty: New
Dimensions 24-60 (Ifcai Univ. Press, 2007).
- Brown's Lesson: To Integrate or Separate Is Not
the Question, But How to Achieve a Non-Racist Society, 5 U. MD.
L. J. RACE, RELIGION,
GENDER & CLASS
- On the Freedom To Associate or Not To Associate With
Others, 1 TENN. J. L. & POL'Y
- Why International Law Favors Emigration Over Immigration,
33 U. MIAMI INTER-AM
L. REV. 69 (2002).
- Private Property and Democratic Socialism, 21 LEGAL
STUD. F. 1 (1997).
- Ideology as Moral Discourse or Struggle for Power,
TODAY, 8:37-50 (1993).
- Free Speech and the Struggle for Power, 9 N.Y.L. SCH.
J. HUM. RTS.
- Book Report, P. Harvey, Securing the Right to
Employment: Social Welfare Policy and the Unemployed in
the United States, Nature, Society, and Thought, 5:124-128
- The Public Private Distinction: Does It Promote
Democracy or Serve the Ruling Class?, Nature, Society, and
Thought, 4:393-410 (1991).
- The Bar Examination and Other Barriers to African and
Hispanic American Fair Representation Among American Lawyers:
A 1990 Update, 16 T. MARSHALL
477 (1991) (co-author).
- The Relative Autonomy of the United States Supreme Court,
1 YALE J. L. & LIB.
- Coping With Contradiction: Reason, Intuition, and
STUDIES, 46-50, (Nov, 1989).
- Critical Thinking and the Absence of Foundations, NEWSLETTER
STUDIES, 52-54, (July 1988).
Reprinted in Macquarie Law Students' Journal, 1:13-15 (1989).
- Cultural Bias and the Issue of Bilingual Educations,
19:9-12 (Summer, 1988).
- Minorities and the Legal Profession: Current
Platitudes, Current Barriers, 12 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 299 (1987)
- Inclusionary Ordinances and the Nexus Issue, in
Inclusionary Zoning Moves Downtown, 109-129 (1985)
- The Moral Implications of the Draft, 10 T. MARSHALL
L. REV. 57 (1985).
- The Constitutional Philosophy of Justice William H.
Rehnquist, 8 VT. L. REV.
1 (1983). Reprinted in
The Supreme Court of the United States, Vol. 12A, 1695-1748 (Wm.
S. Hein & Co., (1989).
- The Supreme Court, Race, and the Class Struggle, 9
HOFSTRA L. REV.
- Inclusionary Ordinances-Policy and Legal Issues in
Requiring Private Developers to Build Low Cost Housing, 21
UCLA L. REV. 1432 (1974).
- Graduation Speaker, 2008-09
- Faculty Member of the Year, 2002-03
- TSU Outstanding Teacher of the Year, 1995-96
- CLSA Professor of the Year, 1995-96
- TSU Outstanding Teacher of the Year, 1991-92
- Third Year Class Favorite Professor, 1991-92
- People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference
- Radical Philosophers Association
- The Communist Ideal
- A Critique of Libertarianism
- Cuba: Our Other Neighbor to the South, University
Faculty Voice, October, 2002
- Time Has Come to End Cruelty of Iraq Embargo,
Houston Chronicle, March 8, 1995
- Moral Justifications for Death Penalty Invalid,
Houston Chronicle, March 21, 1994
- De Facto Segregation Still Exists-and All of Us Suffer
From It, Houston Post, August 17, 1992
- Why Not a World Full of Equals? Houston Chronicle,
May 24, 1992
- Cynical Thomas Bid Should Be Rejected, Houston
Post, September 1, 1991
- The Gulf War, Vietnam, and Our Way of Life, The
Solicitor, TSU Law School, March 1991
- Respect, The University Faculty Voice, February
- Views of South Africa: People Never Cede Power
Voluntarily, Houston Chronicle, July 12, 1985
- Jackson Trip Tells Us About Reagan Policy, Houston
Chronicle, January 17, 1984