Deana Pollard Sacks
Roberson King Professor of Law
|Return to Main Profile|
|Phone: (713) 313-7159|
|Alt. Email: email@example.com|
|Joined the faculty in 1977.|
- Policy Analyst, The Elected Lost Angeles Charter Reform Commission, Los Angeles, CA (1998)
- Private Practice/Litigation (Licensed in CA and WA) (1989-Present)
|Additional Publications||-return to top-|
- Wrongful Analysis in Wrongful Life Jurisprudence, 55 ALA. L. REV. 327 (2004).
- Banning Child Corporal Punishment, 77 TUL. L. REV. 575 (2003).
- Banning Corporal Punishment A Constitutional Analysis, 52 AM. U. L. REV. 447 (2002).
- Regulating Violent Pornography, 43 VAND. L. REV. 125 (1990).
- Unconscious Bias and Self Critical Analysis: The Case for a Qualified Evidentiary Equal Employment Opportunity Privilege, 74 WASH. L. REV. 913 (1999).
- Sexual Harassment: What Is It? What Can You Do About It?, Washington Trial Lawyers Association Annual Employment Law Seminar (1995).
- Reinstating Common Law Marriage, California Legislature Joint Task Force on the Changing Family, Reinstating Common Law Marriage in California Couples: Recognizing Diversity & Strengthening Fundamental Relationships (1988).
|Media/Public Speaking||-return to top-|
- MSNBC. New York, NY. Appeared on Dan Abrams’s show to debate the proposed Massachusetts legislation to prohibit spanking. Nov. 28, 2007.
- Fox News Channel. New York, NY. Appeared on various national news segments, virtual roundtable. May, 2005 – present.
- New England Cable News Network. Boston, MA. Debated Chester Darling on children’s rights regarding corporal punishment. Jan. 14, 2005. Appeared on Amanda Lasseter’s talk show regarding proposed spanking bill.
- Channel 9 News (KUSA), Denver, CO. Interviewed by Law Professor Jan Laitos on “@ISSUE” segment of Ten O’Clock News regarding various topics, including American children’s rights, sexual disease, and unconscious bias.
- Fox 26 News at Nine, Houston, TX. Various appearances relating to various legal topics, including civil liability for transmitting a sexual disease, the Bush v. Gore case in the 2000 Presidential Election and the Americans with Disabilities Act. November, 2000 – present.
- KPFT, Houston, Texas. Guest on George Reiter’s talk show regarding corporal punishment of children and the harms associating with hitting children. Feb. 17, 2005.
- WMAL, Wash., D.C., Jan. 21, 2000. Discussed Southwest Airlines lawsuit.
- KTSU, Houston, Texas, July, 2001. Discussed unconscious bias and corporal punishment of children.
- Press conference on Texas House Bill 2413 (to ban school paddling). April, 2005.
- Testified in favor of James Marzilli’s bill to ban parental spanking, Boston, 2005
- Testified in favor of Alma Allen’s bill to ban school paddling, Austin, 2005.