> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- Policy Analyst, The Elected Lost Angeles Charter Reform
Commission, Los Angeles, CA (1998)
- Private Practice/Litigation (Licensed in CA and WA) (1989-Present)
- Wrongful Analysis in Wrongful Life Jurisprudence,
55 ALA. L. REV.
- Banning Child Corporal Punishment, 77 TUL.
L. REV. 575 (2003).
- Banning Corporal Punishment A Constitutional
Analysis, 52 AM. U. L. REV.
- Regulating Violent Pornography, 43 VAND.
L. REV. 125 (1990).
- Unconscious Bias and Self Critical Analysis:
The Case for a Qualified Evidentiary Equal Employment
Opportunity Privilege, 74 WASH.
L. REV. 913 (1999).
Sexual Harassment: What Is It? What Can You Do About It?,
Washington Trial Lawyers Association Annual Employment Law
Reinstating Common Law Marriage,
California Legislature Joint Task Force on the Changing Family,
Reinstating Common Law Marriage in California Couples:
Recognizing Diversity & Strengthening Fundamental Relationships
- MSNBC. New York, NY. Appeared on Dan
Abrams’s show to debate the proposed Massachusetts
legislation to prohibit spanking. Nov. 28, 2007.
- Fox News Channel. New York, NY. Appeared on
various national news segments, virtual roundtable. May,
2005 – present.
- New England Cable News Network. Boston, MA.
Debated Chester Darling on children’s rights regarding
corporal punishment. Jan. 14, 2005. Appeared on Amanda
Lasseter’s talk show regarding proposed spanking bill.
- Channel 9 News (KUSA), Denver, CO.
Interviewed by Law Professor Jan Laitos on “@ISSUE” segment
of Ten O’Clock News regarding various topics, including
American children’s rights, sexual disease, and unconscious
- Fox 26 News at Nine, Houston, TX. Various
appearances relating to various legal topics, including
civil liability for transmitting a sexual disease, the Bush
v. Gore case in the 2000 Presidential Election and the
Americans with Disabilities Act. November, 2000 – present.
- KPFT, Houston, Texas. Guest on George Reiter’s
talk show regarding corporal punishment of children and the
harms associating with hitting children. Feb. 17, 2005.
- WMAL, Wash., D.C., Jan. 21, 2000. Discussed
Southwest Airlines lawsuit.
- KTSU, Houston, Texas, July, 2001. Discussed
unconscious bias and corporal punishment of children.
- Press conference on Texas House Bill 2413 (to
ban school paddling). April, 2005.
- Testified in favor of James Marzilli’s bill to
ban parental spanking, Boston, 2005
- Testified in favor of Alma Allen’s bill to ban
school paddling, Austin, 2005.