> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- Law Library Associate Director, Texas Southern University,
Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1998-2005)
- Government Documents/Reference Librarian, Texas Southern
University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1997-1998)
- Director of Public Services/Reference Librarian, Texas
Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law,
Houston, TX (1996-1997)
- Law Clerk, S.A. Randle & Associates, P.C. (1993-1995)
- Subject Information Specialist-Tax & Finance Libraries,
Baker and Botts, L.L.P. (1986-1992)
- Congressional Intern, Congressman William H, Gray, III (Spring 1986)
- Spearman, DeCarlous, "The History of Discrimination in
the Hiring and Promotion in the Texas Rangers," (in
- Henry Eman Doyle, in African American National
Biography (Henry Louis Gates, Jr. & Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham,
eds., Oxford University Press, 2008).
- Lois Lee Prestage Woods, in African American
National Biography (Henry Louis Gates, Jr. & Evelyn Brooks
Higginbotham, eds., Oxford University Press, 2008).
- Review, "I-1 Step Away from the Podium! Tips, Tricks and
Technologies for Energizing Training Sessions and Legal Research
Classes" Mark E. Estes Editorial Director, 12(2) AALL
Spectrum, September/October 2007.
- Presenter, Citing Bluebook and Texas Citation Form,
Houston Area Law Librarians (HALL) Library Skills, Sources &
Solutions Seminar, March 22, 2006.
- Moderator & Panelist, Remembering Our Past, Celebrating
60 Years - Thurgood Marshall School of Law 1947-2007, Texas
State Historical Association 112th Annual Meeting, March 7,
- Presenter, Bluebook and Texas Legal Citation Made Simple,
Jones Day Paralegal Seminar, May 15, 2008.
- Speaker, "How the Economy has Affected Libraries," at
Houston Area Law Librarians (HALL) Surviving the Economic Times:
Law Libraries and Librarians Seminar, October 12, 2009.
- Speaker, "Flourishing Through Technology: How the TMSL
Adapted its Historical Collection for Electronic Access," at
Southwestern Association of Law Libraries (SWALL) Adapt and
Flourish Conference, April 8, 2010.
- Mary Flood, Interview, Moneymakers: DeCarlous Spearman
has a Taste for Law and Library, Houston Chronicle, August 1,
2008, at D2.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Federal Court, Southern District of Texas
- Mediation Certification
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Southwestern Association of Law Libraries - Local Planning
Committee Member (2007-2008)
- Houston Area Law Libraries - Member-at-Large (200-2001),
Chairperson Scholarships and Grants Committee (1999-2000)
- Houston Area Network of Documents Information
- Houston Area Innovative Users Group
- Texas Council of Academic Libraries
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association