> Faculty Profile
Additional Biographical Information
- Associate, Litigation, Baker Botts L.L.P. (1999-2003)
- Intern to the Honorable James Baker, Texas Supreme Court
- Toward a Complete and Compelling Case Explanation,
presentation at the Association of Legal Writing Directors'
Innovative Teaching Techniques Workshop, March 2010.
- Now I See: The Post-Grade Student Conference as
Positive Strategy Session, presentation at the Rocky
Mountain Regional Legal Writing Conference (with Prof. Cassandra
Hill), March 2010.
- Collaboration: Getting Going as scholarly Writers,
presentation at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law Research
Week program, April 2010.
- Delayed or Denied? Toward an Effective ERISA Remedy for
Improper Processing of Healthcare Claims, work-in-progress
presented at the 2009-10 TMSL Faculty Quodlibet Speaker Series
- First Place Award, Faculty Oral Presentation in TSU's
Research Week for an oral presentation of research on
conferencing with students (with Prof. Cassandra Hill).
- Focus: Teaching Legal writing in the Age of
Distraction, presentation at the Southeast Regional Legal
Writing Conference, September 2009.
- State Bar of Texas
- Admitted to practice before the Southern and Northern
Districts of Texas
- Admitted to practice before the Eastern District of
- Admitted to practice before the Fifth Circuit Court of
- Fellow of the Houston Young Lawyers Association
- National Merit Scholar
- Rhodes Scholarship Nominee for the University of Houston
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar in Paris, France