Kamille Wolff Dean
Associate Professor of Law
|Return to Main Profile|
|Phone: (713) 313-1366|
|Joined the faculty in 2007.|
|Selected Presentations||-return to top-|
- Women as Law Teachers, Plenary Speaker, 2011 AALS Mid-Year Meeting (June 2011).
- Bar Passage Best Practices for Minority Students, 2011 Joint Southeast/southwest and Mid-west People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference, sponsored by Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center and the John Marshall School of Law - Chicago (April 2011).
- Corporate Responsibility to Women of Color in the Music Business, Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association, Annual Conference - 30th Anniversary (October 2010).
- The Politics of Credit and the Development of a FICO Proxy for Underserved Communities, Third National People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference, Our Country, Our World in a "Post-Racial" Era, Seton Hall University School of Law (September 2010).
- A Hip Hop Anthology: Past, Present, and Future, Association for the Study of Law, Culture, and Society, Brown University (March 2010).
- De-disciplining Knowledge, Re-articulating the Debate on 21st Century Legal Education, State of the Union: The Progress Report, Southern University Law Center, Journal of Race, Gender and Poverty, Inaugural Symposium (February 2010).
- The HBCU and You: The Undeniable Impact of the Historically Black Law School, The Role of Lawyers of Color: Past, Present and Future Symposium presented by the law review of the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (October 2009).
- Ethical Representation of the Sports and Entertainment Law Client, Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association (BESLA) Annual Conference (October 2009).
- Constitution Day Program: Constitutional Law and Individual Rights, Moderator, Thurgood Marshall School of Law (September 2009).
- Emerging Issues in Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Law, Moderator, CLE and Inaugural Symposium, Thurgood Marshall School of Law (April 2009).
- The Evolution of Street Knowledge: Hip Hop's Influence on Law and Culture - From the Corner to the Corner Office: Hip Hop's Impact on Corporate Culture and Law, Panelist, West Virginia University College of Law (February 2009).
- Arbitration and Mediation, Panelist, Court Appointments, Ad Litem, and Other Ways to Obtain Legal Work CLE, Thurgood Marshall School of Law (April 2008)
|Memberships||-return to top-|
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Florida Trial Court Staff Attorneys Association (2001-2004)
- National Academy of the Recording Arts and Sciences (2005)
|Research & Teaching Interests||-return to top-|
- Commercial Law (Sales & Leases, Payment Systems-Banking and Negotiable Instruments, Secured Transactions)
- Economic Justice
- Entertainment Law
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Estate Planning
- Higher Education Law and Policy
- International Business Transactions
- Race and the Law