Edieth Y. Wu
Professor of Law
|Return to Main Profile|
|Phone: (713) 313-7038|
|Joined the faculty in 2000.|
- Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2001-2005)
- Assistant Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2000-2001)
- Visiting Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1999-2000)
- Instructor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1993-1999)
- Minority Institutions Faculty Fellow Program (MIFF), Department of Defense-Armed Forces RTV Broadcast Center, March AFB, CA (Summer/Winter 2000)
- Counsel, Law Offices of Scott K. Bui, P.C., Houston, TX (1995-1996)
- Solo Practice, Law Offices of Edieth Y. Wu, Houston, TX (1992-1994)
- Instructor, Texas School of Business, Houston, TX (1992)
- Teaching Assistant, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1990-1992)
- Research Assistant, KILT Radio-Legacy Broadcasting, Houston, TX (1988-1989)
- Assistant to the Vice-President, Houston Econ. Dev. Council (HEDC), Houston, TX (1986-1988)
- Council's Liaison, International Business Department, HEDC, Houston, TX (1983-1986)
- Sgt., Administrative Specialist, United States Air Force, RAF Lakenheath (UK) & Nevada (US) (1978-1983)
|Additional Publications||-return to top-|
- Domestic Spying and Why America Should Avoid The Slippery Slope, 16.1 S. CAL. REV. L. & SOC. JUST. 3 (2006).
- Global Burqas, 14.2 TEX. J. WOMEN & L. 179 (2005).
- International Litigation: Defending and Suing Foreign Parties in U.S. Federal Courts, 42.3 Nov./Dec. HOUS. LAW 40 (2004), David J. Levy, Editor (Book Review).
- Mcfat--Obesity, Parens Patriae, and the Children, 29(2) OKLA. CITY U. L. REV. 569 (2004).
- Reparations to African-Americans: The Only Remedy for the U.S. Government's Failure to Enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, 3 CONN. PUB. INT. L. J. 403 (2004).
- Global Responses and Recourses to Terrorism, 25(3) WHITTIER L. REV. 521 (2004).
- China Today: Why Its Accession to The World Trade Organization is Inevitable and Good for the International Community, 5(3) J. INT'L ECON. L. 696 - Oxford University Press (2002).
- Why Say No to Multidisciplinary Practice (MDP)?, 32 LOY. U. CHI. L. J. 525 (2001).
- Recent Developments in the Currency War; The Euro, The Dollar, The Yen and the BEMU, 15:1 CONN. J. INT'L L. 1 (2000).
- Saddam Hussein as Hostes Humani Generis? Should the U.S. Intervene?, 26 SYRACUSE J. OF INT'L L. & COM. 55 (1998).
- Evolutionary Trends in the United States Application of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction, 10 TRANSNAT'L LAW. 1 (1997).
|Affiliations||-return to top-|
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
|Research & Teaching Interests||-return to top-|
- Federal Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Advanced Legal Writing
- International Law
- European Union Law