Law Library - Staff
Associate Director - Law Library
Phone: (713) 313-1182
J.D. 2007, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
B.S. 2003, University of Houston
- Associate Director of Law Library, Texas Southern University - Thurgood Marshall School of Law 2015 - Present
- Faculty Research Librarian, Texas Southern University - Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2007 – 2015
- Instructor - Legal Research, Texas Southern University - Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2008 – Present
- Law Clerk, D. Green & Associates, 2006 – 2008
- Summer Associate, Patterson & Sheridan, LLP, 2006
- Graduate Assistant, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2005 – 2006
Certificates & Licenses
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 2008 - Present
- State Bar of Texas 2007 - Present
- American Association of Law Libraries 2007 - Present
- Southwestern Association of Law Libraries 2007 - Present
- Houston Area Law Libraries 2007 – Present
- Innovative Users Group 2007 - Present
- American Bar Association 2005 - Present
- National Bar Association 2010 - Present
- Houston Bar Association 2010 - Present
- Houston Lawyers Association 2007- Present, President 2014-2015
- Workshop Presenter, "Electronic Researching," CLE Hosted by Houston Lawyers Association, Houston, TX, September 8, 2009.
- Danyahel Norris, Starting the Research Process: Thesis Statements & Outlines, Earl Carl Institute's Spring Student Orientation (2013).
- The Ethical Dilemma of Local Ordinances that Purport to Deport Illegal Aliens, 89 U. Detroit Mercy L. Rev. 299 (2012) (with Walter Champion & Lawrence Ruddell).
- Obama vs. Bush on Steroids: Two Different Approaches to a Pseudo-Controversy-Or is it Really Worthy of Note in a State of the Union Address?, 36 T. Marshall L. Rev. 193 (2011) (with Walter Champion).
- Walter T. Champion & Danyahel Norris, Why Not Row to the Bahamas Instead of Miami?: The Conundrum That Awaits Cuban Elite Baseball Players Who Seek Asylum and the Economic Nirvana of Free Agency, 9 Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal 219 (2010).
- Danyahel Norris, Houston Gentrification: Options for Current Residents of Third Ward, 35 Thurgood Marshall Law Review 239 (2010).
- Walter T. Champion & Danyahel Norris, Colombia's Decree 1905 and the Reinvention of Colombia's Gaming Industry, 13 Gaming Law Review and Economics 310 (2009).
- Walter T. Champion & Danyahel Norris, Obama vs. Bush on Steroids: Two Different Approaches to a Pseudo-Controversy—Or is It Really Worthy of Note in a State of the Union Address?, in progress.
- Jo Katherine D’Ambrossio & Danyahel Norris, Recession May Prove to be the Best Stimulus Package for the Freedom-to-Operate Opinion Market, in progress.
- Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law Faculty Advisor Appreciation Award 2011
Back to Top of the Page