The Thurgood Marshall Law Review invites you to submit an article
covering a broad range of legal issues within the areas of civil
rights (Fall Journal) or energy, gas, and oil (Spring Journal).
We intend to publish a practitioner’s guide for the local community,
and we ask that all articles relate to Texas in some way or another.
The specific topic can come from situations that you encounter in
your daily practice or from situations you have observed and feel
need a voice.
All manuscripts must conform to the following formatting
- The article must be typed in Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- The article must not be published elsewhere, in whole or in
- Footnote citations must conform to the 19th edition of the
- Body of the document must be double-spaced
- Citations must be single-spaced
- Text body must be Times New Roman, 12 point font
- Citations must be Times New Roman, 10 point font
- Body and footnotes must be fully justified with 1-inch
- Brief abstract by July 15th
- Manuscript by August 25th
- Brief abstract by November 19th
- Manuscript by January 5th
If you have an article that you would like us to consider, please
email it to