Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Phone: (713) 313-1127
Joined the faculty in 2004
LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
J.D., Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX
B.B.A, Accounting, University of Houston, Houston, TX
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2008-Present)
Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2009-Present)
Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2006-2009)
Assistant Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2004-2006)
Tax Attorney, Enron Corp.; Unocal Oil Corp.(Chevron); Arthur Anderson LLP
Law Clerk, Andrews & Kurth, LLP
Federal Income Taxation
Advanced Bar Review
- Challenges to the Federal Income Tax Exemption of the Clergy and Government Support of Sectarian Schools Through Tax Credits Device and the Unresolved Questions After Arizona v. Winn: Is the U.S. Supreme Court Standing in the Way of Taxpayer Standing to Seek Meritorious Redress? 28 Akron Tax Journal 1 (2013).
- The Individual Alternative Minimum Tax and the Intersection of The Bush Tax Cuts: A Proposal For Permanent Reform, 23 AKRON TAX J. 109 (2008).
- Millions of Individual Taxpayers May Heave a Temporary Sigh of Alternative Minimum Tax Relief, THE HOUSTON LAWYER, Sept.-Oct. 2006, at 30.
- New Texas Statute Authorizes Trusts for Care of Animals, THE HOUSTON LAWYER, Mar.-Apr. 2006, at 55.
- No More Exoneration of Liens in Texas for Wills Executed on or After September 1, 2005, THE HOUSTON LAWYER, Nov.-Dec. 2006, at 57.
- The Individual Alternative Minimum Tax: An Argument in Favor of Repeal, 74 UMKC L. REV. 335 (2005).
- Ancillary Joint Ventures and the Unanswered Questions After Revenue Ruling 2004-15, 40 TEXAS J. OF BUS. L. (2005).
- The Nonprofit Hospital: A Call for New National Guidance Requiring Minimum Annual Charity Care to Qualify for Federal Tax Exemption, 26 CAMPBELL L. REV. 75 (2004).
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
Research & Teaching Interests
- Wills,Trusts, and Estates
- Basic Federal Income Taxation
- Corporate Taxation
Back to Top of the Page