Rebecca K. Stewart
Associate Professor of Law and Director of Legal Pedagogy
Phone: (713) 313-1393
Joined the faculty in 2009.
J.D., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2001
B.A., Classics, University of Texas, Austin, TX, 1998
Latinitas Aestiva Certificate (issued by Fr. Reginald Foster, Papal Latin Secretary), Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome, Italy, 1997
- Torts I
- Torts II
- Lawyering Process
- Lawyering Process II
- International Criminal Law
- Associate Professor of Law (with tenure), Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2015-present)
- Coach, Jessup International Moot Court Team, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2017-2018)
- Visiting Associate Professor of Law, University of Houston Law Center, Houston, TX (Spring 2017)
- Associate Professor of Law, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2013-2015)
- Assistant Professor of Law, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2009-2013)
- Weeds, Seeds & Deeds Redux: Natural and Legal Evolution in the U.S. Seed Wars, 18 Stan. Tech. L. Rev. 79 (2014).
- Outing--And Ousting--The "Hidden" Hyde: Toward Repeal and Replacement Of The Hyde Amendment, 64 RUTGERS L. REV. 165 (2011).
- Beyond Consent: Applying Alter Ego and Arbitration Doctrines To Bind Sovereign Parents, in MULTIPLE PARTY ACTIONS IN INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION (with Professors Lee Kovarsky and Timothy Tyler), (Oxford University Press), (2009).
- Employer's Duties to Retain Employment-Related Documents, Lorman Document Retention and Destruction Seminar (2007).
- State Bar of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff