Professor of Law
Phone: (713) 313-1025
Joined the faculty in 2003.
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, NJ, 1985
M.B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, NJ, 1982
M.I.A., Columbia University, New York, NY, 1977
B.A., Columbia University, New York, NY, 1975
- Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX
- Associate Municipal Court Judge, City of Houston Municipal Courts, Houston, TX (1977-Present)
- Ana M. Otero Legal Seminars Co., Houston, TX (1991-Present)
- Instructor, Center for Advanced Legal Studies, Houston, TX (1991-Present)
- Instructor, Municipal Courts Education Center, Austin, TX (1995-Present)
- Deputy Assistant Director/Staff Attorney, City of Houston Municipal Courts, Houston, TX (1993-1997)
- Instructor, Criminal Justice Dept., University of Houston, Houston, TX (1993-1995)
- Senior Attorney, Blackwell & Walker PA., Miami, FL (1985-1990)
- Financial Analyst, Rosario Resources, Greenwich, CT (1978-1982)
- The Death of Fairness: Texas’s Future Dangerousness Revisited, 4 U. Denv. Crim. L. Rev. 1 (2014) (Lead Article).
- Tinkering with the Machinery of Death in Texas: A Chronicle of Unbridled Injustice and Abuse, 16 GEO. MASON U. C.R. L.J. 183 (2006).
- In Harm's Way - A Dismal State of Justice: The Legal Odyssey of Cesar Fierro, 16 BERKELEY LA RAZA L.J. (2005).
- To the People Sitting in Darkness: A Resolve for Unity and Integration, 54 RUTGERS L. REV. 1133 (2002).
- Texas State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- Texas Municipal Courts Education Center (Faculty)
- Hispanic Bar Associations (Board Member)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Houston Lawyers Referral Service (Board Member)
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff