Craig L. Jackson
Professor of Law
Phone: (713) 313-1098
Joined the faculty in 1990.
B.A., Rice University, Houston, TX 1977
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX 1980
- Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2000-Present)
- International Law
- International Human Rights
- Constitutional Law
- Civil Procedure
- Appellate Litigation
- Advice and Consent (work in progress)
- Constitutional Law Cases and Materials (5th ed. 2013) (with Martin Levy).
- The Limiting Principle Strategy and Challenges to the New Deal Commerce Clause, 15 U. Pa. J. Const. L. 11 (2012).
- Symposium Introduction: FDR and Obama: Are There Constitutional Law Lessons from the New Deal for the Obama Administration?, 15 U. Pa. J. Const. L. 1 (2012) (Lead Article).
- The International Jurisprudence of Thurgood Marshall (work in progress).
- The Second Amendment and the Myth of Neutrality: McDonald v. City of Chicago and Judicial Craftsmanship, available at http://works.bepress.com/craig_jackson/2 (2010).
- United States Supreme Court's 2006-2007 Term, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, and a New Direction, 36 CAPITAL L. REV. 511 (2008).
- The Anti-Commandeering Doctrine and Foreign Policy Federalism - The Missing Issue in Medellin v. Texas, 31 SUFFOLK TRANSNAT'L L. REV. 335 (2008).
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff