Faith Joseph Jackson
Professor of Law
Phone: (713) 313-7354
Joined the faculty in 2006.
B.A., cum laude, Xavier University, New Orleans, LA
J.D., Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX
- Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Associate Dean for External Affairs, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2012-2017)
- Associate Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2010-2013)
- Assistant Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2006-2010)
- Skills Instructor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2003-2006)
- White House Presidential Appointment, Department of Education, Washington, D.C. (2002-2003)
- Assistant Dean, Development/Career Services/Alumni Relations, Texas Southern University, Thurgood
- Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1993-2002)
- Associate, Chapman & Reese, P.C., Dallas, TX (1992-1993)
- Briefing Attorney, Chief Justice Craig Enoch, 5th District Court of Appeals, Dallas, TX (1991-1992)
- From Theory to Practice: Using the Gender-sensitive Tracking and Monitoring System (“GTMS”), 14 J. L. Soc. Deviance 91(2017) (with Edieth Y. Wu) - Peer Reviewed.
- Must We Deploy Drones in the Twenty-first Century to Target Under the Radar Discrimination Against Minority Women at Law Schools at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUS)?, 31 Colum. J. Gender & L. 164 (2015) (with Edieth Y. Wu).
- Dred Scott v. Sandford: A Prelude to the Civil War, 15 RICH. J. L. & PUB. INT. 377 (2011). – Lead Article.
- The Constitutionality of Presidential Signing Statements: A Note on H.R. 5993 - The "Presidential Signing Statement Act of 2008," 35 J. LEGIS. 1 (2009) - Lead Article.
- Whose War Is It Anyway? The War in Iraq: Shared War Powers of the Executive Branch and the Congressional Branch & The 2008 Presidential Election, 32 OKLA. CITY U. L. REV. 1 (2007) - Lead Article
- "A Streetcar Named Negligence in a City Called New Orleans - A Duty Owed, A Duty Breached, A Sovereign Shield," 31 T. MARSHALL L. REV. 557 (2006).
- “Why I Teach” Column, The Law Teacher – Gonzaga Law School Newsletter Publication (Fall 2005).
- "What's In It for Me? School Partnerships In Texas: Are We Bribing Our Kids to Perform?" 30 SETON HALL LEGIS. J. 39 (2005).
Research & Teaching Interests
- Governmental Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Constitutional Law
- Advanced Legal Writing
- Invited Board Member/Editorial Advisory Board – Journal of Law and Social Deviance Peer-Reviewed Journal, 2017-Present
- Invited Article Editor – SAGE Open/SAGE Publications, Peer-Reviewed Journal, 2018-Present
- Texas Southern University President’s Equity Council – PEC, 2016/2017 – Present
- Texas Southern University/Thurgood Marshall School of Law TMSL Dean Search Committee, 2016/2017 to Present
- Texas State Bar
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- 2010 Texas Judicial College for the Study of Alcohol and Other Drugs - DWI College
- Chair, Oversight Steering Committee, Texas Southern University Charter School
- Texas Commission on Judicial Efficiency
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Inc.
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff