Associate Professor of Law
Phone: (713) 313-1090
Joined the faculty in 2011.
J.D., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2000
B.A., cum laude, Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, 1997
- Associate Professor (Tenured), Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2017-Present)
- Assistant Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2011-2017)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, TN (2010-2011)
- Attorney and Administrator, Chestnut, Sanders, Sanders & Pettaway, Selma, AL (2001-2010)
- Summer Associate, Hare, Wyan, Newell and Newton, Birmingham, AL (Summer 1998)
- Summer Associate, Beasley, Wilson, Allen and Crowe, Montgomery, AL (Summer 1998)
- A Reason to Resist: The Use of Deadly Force in Aiding Victims of Unlawful Police Aggression, 52 San Diego L. Rev. 695 (2015).
- Reassembling Osiris: Rule 23, the Black Farmers Case, and Reparations, 118 Penn. St. L. Rev. 339 (2013).
- Alabama Supreme Court
- United States District Court Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court Southern District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Back to Top of the Page
Administration and Staff